- PROJECT. Longitudinal study of the students at the University of Andorra
- Correlate the university first year students’s mathematical reasoning skills results together with their family’s environment variables in relation to their success in completing their studies.
- Test administration to first year students. Data analysis. Results: 2014/2015, 2015/2016, 2016/2017, 2017/2018, 2018/2019
- Results of the study on the relationship between the family environment and the mathematical reasoning competition of the first year students of the UdA from 2012 to 2017
- Comparative study of the overall results of the Xarxa Vives Project Via Universitària Project from Xarxa Vives with the results of the University of Andorra (2015).
2. PROJECT. Innovation and research in university teaching
- Provide pedagogical support for university teaching to boost the implementation of interdisciplinary and innovating teaching methodologies
- Design of the educational model of the University of Andorra (2017-2019)
- Analysis of the educational model of the University of Andorra and its implementation in the bachelor of Teaching and Learning. (doctoral thesis ongoing Blanca Carrera firstname.lastname@example.org) (2019-2022)
- Development of a training program for the UdA’s staff
- Analyse the educational use of the virtual learning environment
- Organize the UdA Teaching Seminar different editions (2015, 2016, 2017).
- Development of an interdisciplinary project in the Bachelor of teaching and learning between two subjects: Learning technologies and communication in education and Cultural heritage of Andorra.
- The use of a portfolio in the Bachelor of nursing to encourage collaborative learning.
- Development of UdA guidelines for teaching support:
- Development of the state of art related to the key words success, excellence and quality in higher education.
- Documentary analysis of successful actions in higher education collected in the international scientific literature.
1. PROJECT. The cabinet of the Seven Keys
- Develop an open educational resource for the university students so they can improve their digital skills and create their Personal Learning Environment (PLE).
- Analysis the available resources to improve digital competences. Definition of the seven digital competences.
- September 2016 – January 2017. “Improving digital skills of university students through creation their Personal Learning Environments”. Research Master Project in Education and ICT (e-learning) UOC U Carles Porté. Video presentation
- January 2017- June 2017. Validation and improvement of the open educational resource “The cabinet of the Seven Keys”
2. PROJECT. terMITes: learning curve and values
Beyond testing the sensors developed by MIT, the GRIE research group intends to investigate how to study the patterns of use in relation to energy consumption. That is, the use of sensors as a pedagogical tool to teach content on energy and encourage responsible habits regarding energy consumption. A study on the current values of the students and the learning curve has been promoted as a result of the exposure to this type of technology and experience.
- Design of the terMITes educational project
- Training of trainers: “Pedagogical use of sensors”
- Design, analysis and validation of the EcoterMITes survey
- Collection of data from the EcoterMITe survey (sample group and group control, twice at the beginning and at the end of the academic year)
- Designing the Electronautes website pilot, an specific web designed for children to interact with the sensors displayed in the classrooms: web encoding, web design
- Workshop with 6th grade primary school students (June 2017): “The value of sensors”. Presentation of the Electronautes website pilot, to primary school students: relationship between the mood in relation to energy consumption. The values of: temperature, humidity, pressure (climate), CO2, curtains (use of natural light), windows (temperature), proximity and movement are measured.
- Development of an official presentation of the “terMITes 2016-2017 Project “
3. PROJECT SIMUL@B: 3d simulation laboratory for the development of digital teaching competency
Design, implement and evaluate a 3D simulations laboratory for the development of the Teaching Digital Competence of the Primary and Secondary Education teachers.
- Preparation of a rubric to evaluate the Digital Teaching Competition.
- Creation of a virtual 3D simulation environment for training in transversal competencies at the university.
- Design and implementation of a training scenario based on simulations in a virtual 3D world to develop the Teaching Digital Competence of the teaching staff of children and first education. Project developed two academic years (2016-2017 and 2017-2018) with students of the universities: University of Lleida, Rovira i Virgili University and University of Andorra, from collaborative groups.
4. PROJECT. Cultural Heritage – Big Data – City Scope
- Build a centralized and updated database that stores the cultural heritage from Andorra, which can feed proper information to institutions of Andorra. Digitalize and collect all the data available on cultural heritage
- Develop visualization and support decision tools that can help identify protected land, areas that need to be improved to enhance visitors’ experience.
- Develop educational tools to learn the value of cultural heritage.
- Identify tourism mobility patterns to support the importance of preserving and improving cultural areas.
- Digitize and collect all available data on Andorra’s cultural heritage.
- Build a centralized and up-to-date database that stores the cultural heritage of Andorra, which can feed the appropriate information to the institutions of Andorra, for different purposes: heritage management, education, tourism, training.
- Develop a Cultural Heritage website pilot as a tool to visualize all monuments and identify protected land.
- Build and visualize a layer of cultural heritage in CityScope.
- Identify mobility tourism patterns to support the importance of preserving and improving cultural areas to improve the experience of visitors.
- Introduce the value of cultural heritage. Develop educational tools to bring the value of cultural heritage closer to schools
- Raise awareness of the value of cultural heritage
- Empower Arts and Culture through technology and innovation
- Foster collaboration among different institutions
- Foster visibility and accessibility to data
- Analysis of the flows of tourists around museums and monuments.
- Analysis of social networks.
- Possible installation of terMITes sensors for preventive conservation of cultural heritage.
Participation in several editorial boards and journals:
- Editorial Board ICE / OCTAEDRO
- International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education (ETHE)
- Revista de Estudios Pedagógicos edited by Universidad Austral de Chile
Participation of GRIE members in International Projects:
Virginia Larraz participates in the ACEDIM project: Evaluation and Certification of Digital Teaching Competence in the initial training of Mestres: a model proposal for the Catalan university system, which has received a research grant to improve initial teacher training (ARMIF), from the Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca de la Generalitat de Catalunya