Bachelor of Communication
The Bachelor of Communication seeks to educate multi-purpose professionals in the main aspects of communicative activity (audiovisual communication, public relations, journalism, marketing, advertising), taking into account the wide range of means and media and the diversity of companies’ strategic objectives. The studies place emphasis on the new forms of work resulting from the intensive use of information and knowledge technologies (new digital media, social media, audiovisual languages and multimedia).
The Bachelor of Communication is evaluated and accredited by the AQUA (Andorran Agency for the Quality of Higher Education), which ensures its quality and European recognition. Students who pass these courses can obtain a Bachelor of Communication, a state qualification issued by the Andorran Government.
EHEA’s first cycle
online, in partnership with the UOC
180 European credits
Start in September or February
The qualification, which is offered in partnership with the UOC (Open University of Catalonia), is adapted to bachelor’s degree studies (3 academic years) and includes specific contents to understand the economic and communicative reality of Andorra.
The possibility of obtaining the UdA-UOC double degree with the completion of 66 additional credits.
The possibility of doing online or on-site internships at companies within the sector.
The education includes subjects to perfect English and French and to reinforce the student’s communicative competences in these languages.
The online modality of this qualification can be suited to each student’s lifestyle and allows them to combine studies and professional activity.
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Andorran high school diploma
- Andorran Advanced Professional Diploma
- Access test to higher education for people aged over 25
Or an equivalent qualification, recognised by Government of Andorra.
Students who obtain the Bachelor of Communication at the University of Andorra will be able to obtain the following competences, among others:
- To understand the market, the professional environment and the business and institutional worlds (processes and functions of organisations).
- To critically analyse the social context and the organisations.
- To analyse information flows at all levels.
- To use and apply the techniques and languages used by the media.
- To understand the production, management and dissemination of editorial, graphic and audiovisual products and the technical means used.
- To conceive, plan, execute and basically assess communicative projects.
- To understand and apply the legal regulations that affect the sectors of creation, communication and information.
- To critically analyze and interpret the historical and current socio-cultural transformations of Andorra.
- To translate the message to be communicated into a persuasive message.
- To adapt to the specific languages of the media/supports and target audiences.
- To edit multimedia content.
The study programme of the Bachelor of Communication consists of 180 European credits for compulsory subjects.
This study programme is offered in partnership with the UOC (Open University of Catalonia). The teaching of most of the subjects (150 European credits) is conducted in the other university’s virtual learning platform, except for the specific subjects on Andorra (30 European credits), which are taught in the University of Andorra’s virtual learning platform.
The specific subjects on Andorra are:
- Contemporary economic history of Andorra
- Andorran Communicative Environment
- Cultural heritage of Andorra
- Language and literature in Andorra and the Pyrenees
- End-of-degree thesis/Internships
The teaching plan for the subjects taught at the University of Andorra can be viewed by clicking on the names of each of them. The teaching plan for the other subjects is on the website of the Open University of Catalonia.
|SEMESTER||SUBJECTS (taught in Catalan)||CREDITS||TOTAL|
|1||ICT Competences in Communication||6||30|
|Language and Communication||6|
|Introduction to Journalism||6|
|Oral and Written Expression||6|
|Communication Theories I||6|
|2||Introduction to Public Relations||6||30|
|English B2.1 / French B2.1||6|
|Information Sources and Digital Documentation||6|
|Introduction to the Audiovisual Sector||6|
|Communication and Society||6|
|Economic History of Contemporary Andorra||6|
|Introduction to Advertising||6|
|Business and Marketing||6|
|4||English B2.2 / French B2.2||6||30|
|Cultural heritage of Andorra||6|
|Communication and Content in Social Media||6|
|Language and literature in Andorra and the Pyrenees||6|
|Public Relations Systems and Processes||6|
|5||Public Relations Techniques||6||30|
|Andorran Communicative Environment||6|
|Storytelling: Narrative Resources||6|
|Visual Design and Graphic Expression||6|
|The Practice of Journalism||6|
|Advertising Systems and Processes||6|
|Degree Dissertation / Internship||6|
The Bachelor of Communication offers a wide range of career opportunities. The professions for the practise of which the graduates will be qualified include the following:
- Communication officer at companies and institutions.
- Creator of multimedia contents for expressive, advertising and informative purposes.
- Manager of advertising activities.
- Manager of audiovisual and multi-platform products.
This bachelor, with 66 additional credits, allows students to obtain the qualification of the corresponding Spanish degree of the Open University of Catalonia, provided that the requirements for access to the qualifications of the Spanish State are met.
Pre-enrolment from November to January and from March to August.