Double Bachelor of Business Administration and Laws
The Double Bachelor of Business Administration and Laws educates multi-purpose professionals and provides them with a solid basis of knowledge and skills for professional practice in the business field (accounting, finance, marketing, human resources) and law, providing the acquisition of the basic concepts of the science of law and the aptitudes and abilities required to continue in the future in second cycle education.
The main objective is to combine the knowledge of the two disciplines to achieve, within the least possible time, professional profiles that are increasingly required and valued in the labour market.
Students who pass the study programme will obtain the state qualifications of Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws issued by the Andorran Government, both evaluated and accredited by AQUA, the Andorran Agency for the Quality of Higher Education, guaranteeing their quality and European recognition.
EHEA’s first cycle
on-campus and online
306 European credits
Catalan and some subjects in English
from September to June
Obtaining a double degree with significant savings in terms of time due to the fact that they are two very complementary subjects and that it is possible to combine on-campus and online formats.
Top-level professionals from the business fabric that enrich the teaching and connect the students with the professional world.
It includes 30 credits in English to reinforce the student’s communicative skills in this language and to encourage international mobility.
Passing the Bachelor of Laws provides direct access to the UdA‘s Master of Laws required to gain access to the legal profession in Andorra.
The employment rate of graduates in Business Administration at the UdA is almost 100% (according to the labour market outcomes study conducted by AQUA).
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Andorran high school diploma
- Andorran Advanced Professional Diploma
- Access test to higher education for people aged over 25
Or an equivalent qualification, recognised by Government of Andorra.
This double bachelor’s degree from the University of Andorra allows students to achieve the following competences:
- To communicate, orally and in writing, at least in Catalan and in English, including the analysis and summary of the discourse.
- To communicate with other people by providing information tailored to the needs of the interlocutor, to establish fluent communication and to work in inter-disciplinary and networked teams.
- To use strategies to predict and resolve problems, conflicts and changes in the professional field.
- To search for, manage, analyse and use the information independently in a professional environment.
- To know how to apply both analysis and synthesis to organise and plan work.
- To use and apply information technology in the academic and professional fields, abiding by the code of ethics and the current regulations.
- To be aware of the legal implications of professional activities.
- To know how to learn independently and update and further knowledge on a constant basis.
- To interpret and apply knowledge in accordance with ethical values.
- To plan accounting activities and manage financial resources.
- To plan and apply commercial and marketing initiatives.
- To apply quality and innovation in professional processes and activities.
- To undertake new business activities.
- To manage international business activities.
- To understand the functioning of the economy in general and the company in particular.
- To analyse the company’s results to make business decisions.
- To search for and obtain legal sources (legal, jurisprudential and doctrinal) and use them.
- To understand the different ways of creating law, its historical evolution and its current reality.
- To understand and comprehend the sources of Andorra’s law and the specificities of its legal system.
- To identify the legal principles and specific legal institutions for each disciplinary field.
- To understand and interpret legal texts from an inter-disciplinary perspective, using legal principles as a tool for analysis.
- To apply the principles of law and legal regulations to alleged facts.
- To argue in the professional environment.
- To properly develop a structured legal discourse, both orally and in writing.
- To analyse social reality from the point of view of law as a regulatory system for social relations.
The study programme of the double bachelor’s degree consists of 306 credits for compulsory subjects, divided into 8 semesters. Some of the subjects corresponding to the Bachelor of Laws are provided in partnership with the Open University of Catalonia and are taught in its virtual learning platform.
The teaching plan for the subjects taught at the University of Andorra can be viewed by clicking on the names of each of them. The teaching plan for the other subjects is on the website of the Open University of Catalonia.
|SEMESTERS||SUBJECTS (mostly taught in Catalan)||CREDITS||TOTAL|
|Computing Tools I||6|
|Financial Accounting I||6|
|Business Organization and Management I||6|
|Business Law I||6|
|Expression, Argumentation, and Negotiation Techniques||6|
|Business Organization and Management II||6|
|Business Law II||6|
|Spanish Constitutional Law||6|
|Civil Law I||6|
|Sales Management I||6|
|Economic History of Andorra||6|
|Civil Law II||6|
|Financial Operations Mathematics||6|
|Sales Management II (taught in English)||6|
|Human Resources (taught in English)||6|
|Administrative Law I||6|
|5||International Business (taught in English)||6||42|
|Auditing (taught in English)||6|
|Computing Tools II (taught in English)||6|
|Criminal Law I||6|
|Civil Law III||6|
|6||Criminal Law II||6||36|
|Financial and Tax Law I||6|
|Commercial Law I||6|
|Philosophy of Law||6|
|Procedural Law I||6|
|7||Commercial Law II||6||36|
|Economic Penal Law||4|
|Public International Law||6|
|Civil Law IV||6|
|Constitution and Other Sources of Andorran Law||6|
|Private International Law||6|
|Administrative Law II||6|
|Andorran Civil Law||6|
Due to its nature, the study programme of this Double Bachelor of Business Administration and Laws does not include internships.
With regard to mobility, students have the option of completing an international mobility programme within the framework of the study programme of the Bachelor of Business Administration.
Director: Josep Fortó Areny (email@example.com)
Coordinator: Lorena Jordana Carmona (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The degree has a broad representation of professionals from the highest level of the Andorran business fabric, who, together with the more academic lecturers, enrich the teaching through their experience and devotion to the business world.
The list of lecturers that teach the subjects of the Bachelor can be viewed in the teaching plans of each of the subjects, which have links on the study programme list.
In addition, the Directory of the University of Andorra enables students to search for and access the contact information on the UdA’s teaching, technical and administrative staff.
The Bachelor of Laws and the Bachelor of Business Administration offer a wide range of career opportunities. We live in an eminently organisational society that requires versatile professionals technically and humanly qualified to take on jobs in areas such as:
- Education in areas related to law or business
- Business management
- Financial institutions
- Free professional
- Business consultancy
- Operations and/or logistics
- Justice administration
- Public function
- International organisations