In 2006 the first General Research Plan of the University of Andorra was launched. At that time, the first University research groups were born and the foundation of doctoral research at the UdA was laid, culminating in the creation of the Doctoral Programme in September 2009. The International Doctoral School manages all the research projects carried out at the UdA.
The General Research Plan constitutes the framework in which research activities have taken place over the years. It is an instrument aimed at promoting, coordinating and disseminating the research activities of the University of Andorra. It includes five action programmes, five structural measures and four complementary actions.
Within the general framework of the General Research Plan, since 2006 several research teams have developed research projects in areas such as online learning, security of data transmission or Catalan language. There are currently five active research groups:
- Interdisciplinary Research Group on Education (created in 2006)
- Research Group on Languages (created in 2007)
- Research Group on Health Sciences and Health Services (created in 2008)
- Research Group on Economics and Laws (created in 2008 as Research Group on Financial Economics)
- Research Group on Technology (created in 2021)