Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration
The Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration educates multi-purpose professionals and provides them with a solid basis of knowledge and skills for professional practice in the business field (accounting, finance, marketing, human resources) and ICT (information and communication technology) (programming, computing, communication networks). The main objective is to combine the knowledge of the two disciplines to achieve, within the least possible time, professional profiles that are increasingly required and valued in the labour market.
Students who pass the study programme will obtain the state qualifications of Bachelor of Computer Science and Bachelor of Business Administration issued by the Andorran Government, both evaluated and accredited by AQUA, the Andorran Agency for the Quality of Higher Education, guaranteeing their quality and European recognition.
EHEA’s first cycle
on-campus and/or online
276 European credits
Catalan and some subjects in English
from September to June
Obtaining a double degree with significant savings in terms of time due to the fact that they are two very complementary subjects and that it is possible to combine on-campus and online formats.
Top-level professionals from the business fabric that enrich the teaching and connect the students with the professional world.
During the final semester, students can choose from a wide range of optional and free elective subjects to define their own teaching pathways or choose to go on an internship to make contact with the employment world.
It includes a semester with subjects taught in English to reinforce the communicative skill of the student in the above language and to encourage international mobility.
The employment rate of graduates in Business Administration at the UdA is almost 100% (according to the labour market outcomes studies conducted by AQUA).
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Andorran high school diploma
- Andorran Advanced Professional Diploma
- Access test to higher education for people aged over 25
Or an equivalent qualification, recognised by Government of Andorra.
This double bachelor’s degree from the University of Andorra allows students to achieve the following competences:
- To communicate, orally and in writing, at least in Catalan and in English, including the analysis and summary of the discourse.
- To communicate with other people by providing information tailored to the needs of the interlocutor, to establish fluent communication and to work in inter-disciplinary and networked teams.
- To use strategies to predict and resolve problems, conflicts and changes in the professional field.
- To search for, manage, analyse and use the information independently in a professional environment.
- To know how to apply both analysis and synthesis to organise and plan work.
- To use and apply information technology in the academic and professional fields, abiding by the code of ethics and the current regulations.
- To be aware of the legal implications of professional activities.
- To know how to learn independently and update and further knowledge on a constant basis.
- To interpret and apply knowledge in accordance with ethical values.
- To plan accounting activities and manage financial resources.
- To plan and apply commercial and marketing initiatives.
- To apply quality and innovation in professional processes and activities.
- To undertake new business activities.
- To manage international business activities.
- To understand the functioning of the economy in general and the company in particular.
- To analyse the company’s results to make business decisions.
- To develop and coordinate computer applications: analysis, specifications, development, integration and implementation.
- To manage networks and communication systems.
- To manage databases and systems.
- To use mathematical and statistical fundamentals in the field of the company.
- To identify the elements of the structure and the operating principles of a computer.
- To apply the specific techniques of software engineering to the different stages of the life cycle of a project.
- To perform audits and technical consultancy.
The study programme of the double bachelor’s degree consists of 276 credits, divided into 8 semesters. It includes compulsory subjects (252 European credits), optional subjects (12 European credits) and free-elective credits (12 European credits).
The optional and free-elective subjects facilitate the transversality of knowledge, stimulate scientific inter-disciplinarity and respond to a set of complementary competences in increasing demand in the labour market. Students can choose from a wide range of optional subjects to define their own teaching pathways.
* The subject titled “Software Engineering II” is taught in online format in partnership with the Open University of Catalonia. It corresponds to the subject titled “Analysis and Design with Patterns” of the degree in Computer Engineering at the above university.
The Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration concentrates the optional and free-elective subjects into the sixth and final semester. On the one hand, this facilitates full-time internships within companies. The UdA has a wide range of agreements with Andorran companies in which to complete the internships, which are optional.
On the other hand, this structure also facilitates international mobility, in such a way that students can complete the optional subjects during a one-month stay at a university in another country.
Director: Josep Fortó Areny (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coordinator: Lorena Jordana Carmona (email@example.com)
The degree has a broad representation of professionals from the highest level of the Andorran business fabric, who, together with the more academic lecturers, enrich the teaching through their experience and devotion to the business world.
The list of lecturers that teach the subjects of the Bachelor can be viewed in the teaching plans of each of the subjects, which have links on the study programme list.
In addition, the Directory of the University of Andorra enables students to search for and access the contact information on the UdA’s teaching, technical and administrative staff.
The Bachelor of Computer Science and the Bachelor of Business Administration offer a wide range of career opportunities. We live in an eminently organisational society with a broad presence of information and communication technologies that requires technically and humanly qualified professionals to take on jobs such as the following:
- IT managers for small and medium-sized businesses
- Heads of projects
- Information system analysts
- Technical consultants in computer science
- Design and programming of web and mobile applications
- Administration of databases, networks and systems
- Information system security managers
- Instructors in areas related to computer science and the company
- Business managementAccountants
- Free professionals
- Business consultants
- Operations and/or logistics managers
This bachelor provides access to second cycle studies (master’s degrees) in the countries in the European Higher Education Area.