Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration
The Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration educates multi-purpose professionals and provides them with a solid basis of knowledge and skills for professional practice in the business field (accounting, finance, marketing, human resources) and ICT (information and communication technology) (programming, computing, communication networks).
The main objective is to combine the knowledge of the two disciplines to achieve, within the least possible time, professional profiles that are increasingly required and valued in the labour market.
Students who pass the study programme will obtain the state qualifications of Bachelor of Computer Science and Bachelor of Business Administration issued by the Andorran Government, both evaluated and accredited by AQUA, the Andorran Agency for the Quality of Higher Education, guaranteeing their quality and European recognition.
Obtaining a double degree with significant savings in terms of time due to the fact that they are two very complementary subjects and that it is possible to combine on-campus and online formats.
new educational model of the UdA, based on a competence-based methodology that eliminates the classic concept of subjects.Study programme adapted to the
Top-level collaborating faculty from the business fabric that enrich the teaching and connect the students with the professional world.
It bets on practical training, working and experimenting with leading technology.
Possibility to be part of a work team to carry out research tasks led by the university’s teachers.
During the 7th semester, students can choose from a wide range of optional credits to define their own teaching pathways or choose to go on an internship to make contact with the employment world.
It includes four modules taught in English to reinforce the communicative skill of the student in the above language and to encourage international mobility.
The business internship in a company and the final project allows the students to develop innovative projects guided by sector professionals.
The employment rate of graduates in Business Administration at the UdA is almost 100% (according to the labour market outcomes studies conducted by AQUA).
Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- Andorran high school diploma
- Andorran Advanced Professional Diploma
- Access test to higher education for people aged over 25
Or an equivalent qualification, recognised by Government of Andorra.
This double bachelor’s degree from the University of Andorra allows students to achieve the following competences:
- To communicate, orally and in writing, at least in Catalan and in English, including the analysis and summary of the discourse.
- To communicate with other people by providing information tailored to the needs of the interlocutor, to establish fluent communication and to work in inter-disciplinary and networked teams.
- To use strategies to predict and resolve problems, conflicts and changes in the professional field.
- Information management competence, which implies knowing how to autonomously acquire skills in the search, discrimination, management and use of information in a professional environment.
- To know how to apply both analysis and synthesis to organise and plan work.
- To use and apply information technologies in the academic and professional fields with ethical criteria.
- To be aware of the legal implications of professional activities.
- To know how to learn independently and update and further knowledge on a constant basis.
- To interpret and apply knowledge in accordance with ethical values.
- Orientation toward quality.
- Commitment to the culture of democracy and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To plan accounting activities and manage financial resources.
- To plan and apply commercial and marketing initiatives.
- To apply quality and innovation in business processes and activities.
- Undertake new business activities from a perspective of sustainable balance.
- To manage international business activities.
- To understand the functioning of the economy in general and the company in particular.
- To analyse the company’s results to make business decisions.
- Apply the main cost models in business management.
- Apply the concepts and techniques of economic theory.
- Participate in the various tax procedures of the Andorran tax system.
- To develop and coordinate computer applications: analysis, specifications, development, integration and implementation.
- To prepare test games and evaluate the quality of the solution.
- To provide support and service for the user.
- To manage networks and communication systems.
- To manage databases and systems.
- To use mathematical and statistical fundamentals in the fields of business and computer science.
- To apply mathematical and physical fundamentals for engineering.
- To program and integrate different analog and digital devices in the various fields of robotics and electronics.
- To use the principles of computer achitecture as well as the different funcionalities of operating systems.
- To support decision-making in a business environment.
- To perform audits and technical consultancy.
The study programme of the double bachelor’s degree consists of 283 credits, divided into 8 semesters. It includes compulsory credits (253), optional credits (18) and free-elective credits (12).
The optional and free-elective credits facilitate the transversality of knowledge, stimulate scientific inter-disciplinarity and respond to a set of complementary competences in increasing demand in the labour market.
The Double Bachelor of Computer Science and Business Administration concentrates the optional credits into the final academic year. This facilitates internships within companies.
On the other hand, this structure also facilitates international mobility, in such a way that students can complete the optional credits during a one-semester stay at a university in another country.
Director of the College of Business and Technology: Josep Fortó Areny
Coordinator of Business area: Lorena Jordana Carmona (email@example.com)
Coordinator of Computer Science area: Montse Pellicer Bullich (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The degree has a broad representation of professionals from the highest level of the Andorran business fabric, who, together with the more academic lecturers, enrich the teaching through their experience and devotion to the business world.
The list of lecturers that teach the modules of this degree can be viewed in the teaching plans of the bachelor of Business Administration and the bachelor of Computer Science, which have links on the study programme lists.
In addition, the Directory of the University of Andorra enables students to search for and access the contact information on the UdA’s teaching, technical and administrative staff.
The Bachelor of Computer Science and the Bachelor of Business Administration offer a wide range of career opportunities. We live in an eminently organisational society with a broad presence of information and communication technologies that requires technically and humanly qualified professionals to take on jobs such as the following:
- Computer application development
- Computer project management
- Computer systems and network administration
- Technical consulting in information systems
- Computer systems integration and security
- Training and transfer of technology
- Programming of devices in the fields of robotics and electronics
- Development of intelligent systems
- Marketing, commercial and market research
- Operations and Logistics
- Human Resources
This degree also allows to acquire the needed competences to access to job positions in financial institutions or audit or consulting companies, as well as to establish as freelancer or undertake an own business.