SDG 16 – Peace, justice and strong institutions
Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- The University of Andorra’s law studies train professionals in the legal field who contribute to equipping the country with an effective, quality justice system.
- The postgraduate course in Mediation and Other Alternative Conflict Resolution Systems promotes alternative conflict resolution methods such as mediation, arbitration and conciliation that enable disagreements to be resolved more quickly and economically, safeguarding the relationship between parties while also helping to decongest the administration of justice.
- The University of Andorra promotes the values of democratic culture among students, particularly in its education courses.
- The University of Andorra’s Ombudsman is the body responsible for guaranteeing the exercise of the rights and duties of the members of the university community, and helps to resolve any conflicts through conciliation.
- In 2018, marking the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a series of awareness-raising actions were carried out to promote understanding of human rights among the university community. These actions included the installation of posters reproducing the 30 articles of the Declaration on the main staircases of the UdA building, where they are seen by hundreds of people every day.