SDG 7 – Affordable and clean energy
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- The UdA has aproved, in May 2023, a Sustainable Mobility Plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in journeys made by the university community.
- In 2022, in accordance with Decree 365/2022, of 7-9-2022, on energy saving measures for the general administration, autonomous organisations and quasi-public or public law entities, and companies in which the general administration has a majority shareholding or control, a series of energy saving measures were applied. These measures concerned air conditioning temperatures, lighting, and electrical, electronic and computer equipment.
- The UdA has drawn up an Energy Action Plan which includes the energy saving and sustainability measures implemented during 2022 and other improvement proposals for the coming years.
- In 2021, the UdA installed an environment disinfection system using UV-C technology to sterilise the air in the building’s general air conditioning system, supplying purer, healthier air.
- As a result of the energy audit conducted in 2020 with a view to continuing to maximise savings in air conditioning, heating and lighting facilities, the UdA has already replaced more than the half of the conventional lightbulbs with LED lights in the main university building. Moreover, a study has been launched to explore the possibility of installing photovoltaic panels on the building roof.