SDG 12 – Responsible consumption and production
Ensure sustainable consumption and production paterns
- The UdA has aproved, in May 2023, a Sustainable Mobility Plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in journeys made by the university community.
- In 2022, a series of sustainability and energy saving measures were applied. These measures concerned air conditioning temperatures, lighting, and electrical, electronic and computer equipment.
- The UdA has drawn up an Energy Action Plan which includes the energy saving and sustainability measures implemented during 2022 and other improvement proposals for the coming years.
- The University of Andorra monitors its electricity and heating oil consumption and works to ensure responsible consumption. As a result of these efforts, energy consumption has been reduced in recent years. Specifically, between August 2022 and March 2023, energy consumption (electricity and heating oil) was reduced by 19% compared to the average consumption of the last 5 years in the same period.
- To promote healthy diets and more responsible food consumption, the food and drink vending machines in the UdA building offer healthier, more sustainable options.