SDG 3 – Good health and well-being
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Through the Bachelor of Nursing and the Bachelor of Speciality in Obstetrical and Gynaecological Nursing, the UdA prepares health professionals devoted to the health of society.
- Under the Aula Magna programme, courses are designed especially for elderly people, contributing to their healthy ageing.
- The UdA is a cardiac-protected institution, equipped with automated external defibrillators (AEDs).
- The UdA assures the health and safety of its employees in all aspects related to the work environment by assessing occupational risks, and through training and disseminating information, worker consultation and participation, health monitoring and action in the event of emergencies and serious risk.
- In response to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the University of Andorra applied all necessary protocols and measures to guarantee the safety and health of the entire university community throughout all stages in the health crisis. Moreover, Nursing course staff and students also provided support to the country’s health services at its times of greatest need.
- The Student and Staff Support Service (SAEP, by its Catalan acronym) is a space of guidance aimed at the university community. This service provides support to students and staff with psychosocial needs or in vulnerable situations that may hinder or prevent the fulfilment of their academic or professional duties. Integrated within the SAEP, the Guidance and Coaching Service (SOC, by its Catalan acronym) provides members of the university community care and support to cope with issues related to emotional stability, academic or work performance, or coexistence.
- The UdA has signed an agreement with the Andorra Sports Cluster in which a key element is the cooperation between the two parties to promote healthy lifestyles in Andorra.
- The Research Group in Health Sciences and Health Services promotes projects to analyse patterns in the use of medications, to study patient safety, and to evaluate health technologies, all with the aim of contributing to the advancement of science in these specific areas.
- The Research Group on Economics and Laws develops projects on the health and safety of employees at organisations aimed at improving policies on health and safety in the workplace.