Andorra and Spain have each taken different measures to adapt to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The first cycle university degrees of Andorra (Bachelor degree) are programs that consist of 180 European credits, representing a student’s 3-year full-time dedication, while in Spain, the first cycle university degrees adapted to the EHEA (degrees) are syllabuses that consist of 240 European credits, representing a student’s 4 years full time dedication. Regarding 2nd cycle programs, which are called masters in both states, represent a total dedication (between the first and second cycles) of 300 credits (5 years full-time dedication), in that way, the Spanish master programs consist of 60 European credits (1 year) and the Andorran master programs of 120 European credits (2 years).
The University of Andorra (UdA) and the Open University of Catalonia (UOC) have established a double degree agreement defining, for the degrees offered jointly, itineraries that allow students who meet the academic requirements of each state, to attain a double degree. These itineraries allow students from both universities to obtain an official degree of Bachelor from the Andorran State by the UdA in fulfiling 180 credits and then obtaining an official degree in Spain through the UOC, by passing 60 additional credits.
The specific itineraries for each degree can be found at:
- Obtaining a Bachelor in Business Administration for students at the UOC
- Obtaining a Bachelor of Laws for students at the UOC
- Obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in Humanities for students at the UOC
- Obtaining Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for students at the UOC
- Obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media for students at the degree program in Communication at the UOC
- Obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in Catalan Language for students at degree program in Catalan Language and Literature at the UOC
- Obtaining a Degree in Communication and Media for at the UdA
- Obtaining a Degree in Catalan Language and Literature for students at the UdA
- Obtaining a Degree in Business Administration and Management for students at the UdA
- Obtaining a Degree in Laws for students at the UdA
- Obtaining a Degree in Humanities for students at the UdA
- Obtaining a Degree in Computer Science for students at the UdA
For students at the Open University of Catalonia (UOC):
Enrollment procedures for Andorran specific subjects. (Undergraduate from Andorra)
The enrollment procedure is the following:
- Students who are not enrolled in the Bachelor at the UdA must enroll in these courses in their format of university extension offer, as refresher courses.
- Student must fill out the registration form found on the website of the UDA: www.uda.ad
- The UOC students, in filling out the registration form must specify at the additional comments section, that the are UOC and must indicate UOC program in which they are enrolled.
Entry application procedure through the University of Andorra
Students must request the recognition of admission to the bachelor programs to the Ministry responsible for higher education
Application procedure for the Bachelor Degree
Once recognized the admission to Bachelor programs and having passed the subjects set forth in the itinerary, candidates must complete the registration to the corresponding Bachelor program at: www.uda.ad
In the pre-enrollment form, it is necessary to specify at the additional comments section: “double degree UdA-UOC.” The pre-enrollment forms that include this comment, will be registered containing all the credits presented at no additional cost. Students must pay the tuition fees for the first enrollment at the University of Andorra.