The Research Group in Health Sciences and Health Services (GRCS from Catalan) is a multidisciplinary group of professionals from different disciplines and institutions linked to the University of Andorra. It was created in 2008, and integrates a group of medical doctors from different specialties, pharmacists, chemists, biologists and nurses with a solid background in research.
GRCS’s mission is to create and transfer scientifically valid and socially relevant knowledge in biomedical and health services issues.
The GRCS intended to be a research group link to the university, respected by the international scientific community and to contribute to decision making in the field of health services in Andorra.
The GRCS is a response to the need to provide and process good quality information that helps in strategic decisions in different areas of Health Sciences and Health Services in Andorra, especially in the scientific field taking into account professional, social and political issues.
GRCS General objectives:
- To create and transfer scientifically valid and socially relevant knowledge in biomedical and health services issues.
- To develop research focused on patient outcomes in Andorra.
- To provide research specific knowledge and methodologies and to increase community participation.
- To become a source of information that helps strategic decisions making in different areas of Health Sciences and Health Services in Andorra, especially in the scientific field taking professional, social and political issues into consideration.
- To collaborate with all organizations involved in Andorra and to promote a Collaborative Research Network in Andorra.
- To produce reports based on the best information available and to develop proposals or recommendations in different topics involved in the decision-making process.